Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 8 of Training

So things have been looking good for me with my training and being on the bike. I have yet to ride outside in weeks but you know what the weather has yet to be "nice." The way I've been looking at it is that I ride fine on the trainer and not so well on the road so I'll continue the trainer for a couple more weeks. This week being New Years I went up to Athens and hung out with the "Murray" clan and Stephen, Reggie, and Neely. We had a great time for New Years and for the WBL ride.. well you guessed it I didn't do it. For one I wasn't in the best shape to go out in the 40 degree weather and two.. my knee.... or at least that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it! So I ended up doing a training week of this:
 
Monday- 1.5 hours on the rollers. Steady pace between 150 and 200 watts.. for once no ILT's
 
Tuesday- 1 Hour on the rollers. Eddie came over and we did a easy ride. I kept it at 150 watts for 40 min then 10 min of ILT's.
 
Wednesday- OFF
 
Thursday- NEW YEARS EVE!! 1 Hour on the rollers. Again very easy and I got my new wireless power tap so it was interesting to see how it worked compared to the wired one... and Its pretty close to the same the only thing I see that is off is "virtual cadence" when I do ILT's it goes crazy!?!?!!
 
Friday- NEW YEARS DAY!!... AKA OFF DAY :)- Ed, Art, Reggie, Stephen, and Eric went out and did the WBL.. MAJOR PROPS TO THEM!
 
Saturday- 1 hour on the rollers. It took a while to get motivated today but after 30 min I started counting down till I was done.
 
Sunday- 1 Hour on the rollers. This was a great work out! I did 20 min on at 150 watts, 20 Min at 175 watts, and 10 min of ILT's.
 
So I really haven't been riding the new bike.. Actually I haven't ridden it since the first WBL ride. I'm going to stay off till I get fit and get all the correct measurements. I really cant risk any more injuries and what I'm doing now seems to be working. This week was a good week of riding and turned out to be a good rest week before I ramp it up next week... Next week is January so that means at least 1.5 hours on the rollers.... ohh boy only 4 months till I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment