Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 10 of Training

Another week in the books ladies and gentlemen. This week was great because it actually got above freezing and I was able to ride outside with only 2 layers on instead of 4. The only down side is more knee issues. I think from what I can remember is I smashed my knee on something and it feels like I have a bruise on the knee cap.. But when I don't ride a day it goes away and the next day I ride it slowly creeps back.. I'm HOPING its only a bruise and nothing more. Next week I am super excited because I'm going to get fit at Pedal Right in Vickery Village. After I get fit I will be able to start riding the Kestrel and putting the miles on that puppy and then my knee problems will go away.. right....
 
Monday- 1.5 hours on the rollers. 10 min at 150, 170, 190, 210, 190, 170, 150 then ILTS.
 
Tuesday- 1.5 hours on the rollers. pretty much the same thing as Monday
 
Wednesday- OFF
 
Thursday- 3 hours with Reality Bikes teammate Eric. We ended up riding out of the house and going up some new roads that we haven't been on yet and discovered that there is a lot of untouched areas that we hope to venture towards during our team training camp.
 
Friday- 1 hour on the Road. This is when the knee really started bothering me so I cut the ride short.
 
Saturday- OFF
 
Sunday- 1 Hour on the rollers at my parents house. Real easy keeping an eye on my knee making sure it isn't anything major.
 
Now is a time that I really cant risk doing any damage to my knee.. What ever injuries I do have I need to make sure they are gone and I'm good to go. I really cant afford to take a week or two weeks off in the next couple months of training. Its time I ramp my miles up since I'm able to ride outside and keep the intensity down. I do plan on racing the Greenville Classic which starts February 22nd and is 3 weekends after and hope to place well maybe win a race and Cat up to a 3 before I leave. I did get a Garmin and I will start uploading rides on here that I do throughout the week. Its crazy how much information that you get off of the cycling computer and I'm enjoying it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment