Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Week 7 of Training

So this week has been an interesting week on the bike. I've gone back to the old Fuji and haven't touched the new Kestrel. I'm going to wait to get properly fit on it and ensure that everything is perfect. I think that is the main issue with my injuries, jumping back and forth between two different bikes cant be good if I already have an issue. So last week I was able to put some hours in on the rollers however still cant ride the road... weird I know.. and yes I'm just dying to get out on the road even though it has been cold weather. Riding on the rollers is one thing but being on the road breathing in the fresh cold and being chased by dogs can be fun... instead I have to look over to smudge stretching out on the couch and curling up into a ball on her favorite blanket looking at me like I've lost my mind.. which I may have by that point.
 
Monday- OFF
 
Tuesday- 30 min on the rollers. First time Ive been on the bike in 8 days and the doctor told me I would be able to ride by now. I just took it easy and plan on it the rest of the week.
 
Wednesday- 30 Min on the rollers.
 
Thursday- Christmas ride to Aunt Shells and Uncle James.. or something like that.. being cautious I decided to ride on the rollers with my brother Eddie.. 1 Hour.
 
Friday- OFF
 
Saturday- 1 Hour. Did a few intervals, 20 min at 160 watts 10 min at 200 watts then some ILTs and then 20 min at 160 watts.
 
Sunday- 1 Hour. Pretty much did the same as Saturday the legs were starting to feel pretty tired since it was my first week back on the rollers.
 
So I had a great Christmas and no we didn't get to do the traditional Christmas ride however we did do a ride on the rollers so that still counts... Right? It feels so good to be back on the bike and I'm very thankful that I'm able to ride on the trainer. I'm a little nervous to venture out on the road since the knee doesn't feel all the way recovered yet. When I get to about min 45 on the bike and stand up there is a slight pain. The Murray brothers, Eric, and a couple teammates are supposed to be doing the WBL ride on new years day but I'm not sure I'm doing it. Since I'm able to ride now I'm going to try and keep it that way until I leave to California!

No comments:

Post a Comment