Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 9 of Training

(yes thats the snow and ice I was riding on)

Well another week down and another week closer to my ride. So on Sunday I was on the rollers just thinking to myself about my training and where I'm at with it. I was thinking that man my ride is in April and I've been riding 5 days a week now for 9 weeks this is going to be a long journey and April feels like forever away.... NOT.. when push comes to shove and you count the months you would think 4 months. January, February, March, then April.. right?!?! Well at least that's what I've been telling people.. But take this into consideration count the weeks... you should get 12 weeks plus a few days... 12 weeks!!!! I'm almost halfway through my training and haven't done a century ride yet.. Been fighting knee issues and of course cold and rainy weather. No time to panic though its not crunch time yet however next week I better get in a little more then just 1.5 hour roller rides I need to be riding outside 2 plus hours a day! Soon I will start 5 day straight training days with 1 day off a week. I'm going to have to get used to RIDING back to BACK days.
 
Monday- 1.5 hours on the rollers. 60 min at 165 watts. ILT's
 
Tuesday- OFF
 
Wednesday- 1.5 hours on the rollers. 60 min at 180 watts. ILT's
 
Thursday- 1.5 Hours on the rollers. 20 min 160, 20 min 180, 20 min 60, 10 min 200. ILTS
 
Friday- OFF ( SNOW DAY)
 
Saturday- 2.5 hours outside in the snow and ice. It ended up being a beautiful day out and really nice ride. The knee or should I say knee's held up really well. It was a lot of fun slippin and sliding on the ice. I couldn't get over how much was still on the ground and the salt trucks haven't made it to some of the back roads I was on.
 
Sunday- 1.5 hours on the rollers. 10 min at 150, 10 min at 170 X 3, then 5 min at 150, 5 min at 170 X 2.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment