Monday, December 7, 2009

Week 4 of training

Monday- 1 hour on the rollers 
 
Tuesday- Off day
 
Wednesday- 1 Hour on the rollers at Ed's house. We had a "TEAM MURRAY" ride. It was myself, Ed, Art, and Derin :) we just did a simple 1 hour ride with a few intervals
 
Thursday- 1 Hour on the rollers. This was by far one of the best rides ive had on the rollers. I just felt really really good and did 5 min efforts at 180 then 200 then 220 then back down to 200 then 180. Just felt awesome!
 
Friday- Off Day
 
Saturday- 1 Hour on the rollers

Sunday- 3 Hours outside 41 degrees. I also took out the new bike for the first time! The kestrel is awesome and it took some getting used to but after a few tweaks I fit on it like I was part of the bike. Thank you Reality bikes and Kestrel for all your help and support!

This week was a good week of training. There was a couple of nights where I really had to just get on the bike to be motivated. Once I got on it then the hour went by quick. Pretty soon I will be doing 1.5 and 2 hour rides on the rollers. They say an hour on the rollers is equal to 1.5 hours outside because of continuous pedaling and no downhills to coast. Ed, Art, Derin, And I went out to 3-D on Saturday and cut down 3 Christmas trees, one for each of our houses. A picture will be posted soon! It was a lot of fun cutting down my own tree and it was nice to have Jordan give all of us a tour of the house after. Week 5 of training coming up and I'm really starting to feel good on the bike. Also Saturday I might be going to Athens for my first WBL ride which isn't an official WBL ride but its still a 80 mile ride.. 30 more then the 50 I did Sunday... and at an average of 20 mph not 17...

No comments:

Post a Comment