Monday, December 14, 2009

Week 5 of Training

 
Monday- 1 Hour on the rollers. 10 min warm up. 20 minutes at 160 watts. 10 minutes of ILT's. 10 minutes at 160 watts, 5 min at 180 watts, 5 min at 200 watts.
 
Tuesday- OFF!
 
Wednesday- 3+ hours outside.. started out 62 degrees ended 50 degrees. Today was by far one of the hardest rides I have had. It was so windy outside and I was facing either a 25-35 mph headwind, tailwind, or cross winds. There were times where I was cranking my "granny gear" on the flats because the head wind was so strong! I was just laughing at myself because it was just ridiculous winds and to think I could be facing something like that on my coast to coast ride so I'm glad I went out and did it.
 
Thursday- 1.5 Hours out on the road with Reggie. It was one of those rides where we were like bring your rollers just in case because it was 42 degrees with 34 degree wind chill when we started. However I didn't bring them on purpose because I knew there hasn't been many sunny days. Did a couple "yellow sign sprints" and the new bike felt awesome and the 175 cranks made a huge difference
 
Friday- OFF!! However I did suit up for the Aspen newspaper article! More info later...
 
Saturday- First ever WBL ride with David and Art.. What a great ride it was. There were 150 plus people and Ive never been in a ride that organized with 20. We ended up riding 5 hours in the 32-26 degree weather and there was a little sleet towards the end of the ride. A couple pros were off the front powering the 150 man train keeping an average of 20mph and on the flats it felt as if we were going 30. There is one thing that didn't go well on the ride and that's my left knee.. no not my right anymore the right one is fine however my left knee isn't.. This whole fit thing on the bike is driving me crazy. I'm going to take Sunday and Monday off in hopes of being able to ride with the jittery joes team on Wednesday and Thursday.
 
Sunday- Off knee recovery!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment