Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 3 of training

Last night I was thinking of different ways that I can keep everyone informed on my training and what kind of riding Ive been doing weekly. So starting last week I'm going to do a blog entry every Monday to reflect on the past week of riding, eating, racing, and charity stuff. Also I was thinking about what kind of food I can use as a comparison to how many calories I've burned. So Eric and I were talking maybe I should do like cereal because there would be so much that I could fill a car or a room in my house. If you have any ideas on what food I should do let me know!!! So my week in training:
 
Monday- 1 Hr on the rollers working on ILT's (individual leg training)
 
Tuesday- Rest day
 
Wednesday- 1 hr on the rollers. Warm up with ILT's then 30 min effort at 200 watts along with cool down and more ILT's
 
Thursday- 2 hrs outside with Eric easy pace kept a 17.5 mph average with a couple "yellow signs sprints" :) there really wasn't much effort in the sprints at all it was just for fun to see what it would feel like. Followed by a 1.5 hr night ride at Fort Yargo with Art. I only managed to crash ohhhhh.... 3 times its been a while since Ive done a good night ride like that and it was a nice pace good tempo.
 
Friday- 3.5 hrs on the mountain bike at Fort Yargo again. Did the first lap with Art and Ed then went on and did another with Ed. Great time my legs were really feeling good at this point in the week. No crashes for the first time!
 
Saturday- Rest day
 
Sunday- 1.5 hrs on the rollers. I worked on ILT's and did  3 sets of: 5 min at 180 watts, 5 min at 220 watts, 5 min at 180 watts. Really got the legs opened up and feeling good. Its the longest Ive spent on the rollers and did something different this time. I put the TV on mute and read close caption and had music playing in the background. I like that a lot more then just listening to the TV. Pretty soon I will be watching movies.
 
So the week was a great training week. I got in the most riding I have done since August and it felt good. My focus now is to be peaking in February and to treat April and May like my winter months since I will be doing long base miles. Then to follow it up July and August peak again. My main goal is to come out this season and win some races right off the bat so I can cat up to a 3 before my ride. I think if I stay focused on my short term goals I should be successful in doing so. I had such a great time spending thanksgiving with the family camping and just relaxing and riding. I'm looking forward to more weeks like this and also I'm looking forward to picking my bike up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment