Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Savannah Bound and Tournament canceled

So this past weekend myself and 3 other teammates made our way down to Savannah. Now I planned on going down there because I haven't been and I figured it would be a great chance to see where my ride was ending. Well we had a blast down there and got to meet up with some old friends and hung out and watched Eric, Reggie, and David race.  On Saturday night Eric pulled a 3rd, and Reggie placed 2nd. On our way back to the venue on Sunday morning as we were pulling in I decided right then and there I was racing. I signed up and used Eric's kit, shoes, and bike.. ohh yeah and a water bottle and I used Davids helmet.. Now I have never ridden Eric's bike before nor did I pre ride the course. So we were off I was in the back of the pack until I decided this isn't where I want to be put me in front! So I pushed it through some straights and around some corners and made my way up to about 5th and right on Reggie's wheel. We made a right hand turn and about to go over some WHOOPS and bam a guy hits my from the right side. I swerved to the left hitting another guy and I got taken down. Well jumping back on the bike I noticed two things right off the bat.... handle bars were crooked and the right shifter was jammed. So needless to say I didn't finish the race and my first cross race I went down! Other then the bike be jacked up which we go back to working I was okay. My ribs hurt a little and my left shoulder and elbow hurt also. All and all I really enjoyed my time down in Savannah and wish I could have stayed one more day.
 
And as you heard the golf tournament that was supposed to be today was canceled due to the rain. We pushed it back to next Tuesday. I have been able to raise so far 2,520 dollars and looking forward to having this extra week and try to hit 3000. I couldn't believe what all I was able to get from talking to people and spreading the word about 3-D. I got rounds of golf to Echelon, Chestatee, and Alpharetta Athletic Club. I also got Chick-fil-a to donate breakfast, RBM North to donate a hole-n-one car along with 3 other hole-n-one prizes. The thrashers gave me 3 sets of two tickets to games and Hawks did the same along with signed basketball and signed puck. So all and all I really feel like I've done really well with the tournament and prizes for the first year. I'm already looking forward to next year and finding ways to improve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment