Saturday, October 31, 2009

On Thursday Tim and I were able to set up a time for 3 of the guys to come out and do a practice caddie. Ricky was on Mark's bag, Matt was on Eric's bag and Andrew was on my bag.. of course the big winner! I really couldn't have played much better then the way I did. I just haven't been playing much at all and my focus has been on getting my knee better and riding. I shot a smooth 75 and really it felt like nothing and I could have gone lower. It was really awesome to have the chance to be one on one with the guys and to get them to walk with us 9 holes.. you really can learn about someone fast on the golf course. Andrew and the guys are really really great guys and have so much ahead of them since they are about to graduate the program. Andrew really didn't waste much time in opening up to me and telling me about his struggles and what he has done. For me to hear all of that and to see where he is at now is a complete 360! He is finishing up high school and hopefully going to college by the summer. Learning that he played soccer since he was able to walk and now he plays the guitar and from what I hear is an artist also. It was just an awesome day on the golf course! Its so hard to put into words what I felt and how much fun we had. It went from the 10th hole being quiet and trying to teach them how to caddie to the 18th hole with high fives, hand shakes, and hugs. Its pretty funny when I asked Andrew if he ever played golf and he said "yeah a little I've played at the Hampton and Country Land" which are literally 2 seconds away from my house... it just puts more into reality that these kids really do live here.. in Forsyth county...

No comments:

Post a Comment