Monday, October 5, 2009


Enough with the vacation and back to work! Just got back from camping with the family and a bunch of friends.. what a great time we had I went from Friday to late Saturday night. Man did we have a great time around the camp fire and of course I was the piro of the weekend by throwing in as much wood as possible! We were able to enjoy all sorts of things like smores, carrot cake, drinks, and the big chili cook off! So I got my new helmet camera, the Vholdr HD. I got it all set up on the helmet and we went out to do 3 gap from Vogel state park. I was pretty worried about my knee problem especially since we would be doing a ton of climbing. But it held up pretty well! It was just Ed, Art, Stephen, myself and Uncle Jim! It was Uncle Jims first time ever doing 3-gap and he was ready to tap out on the last 9 mile climb lol. So back to the helmet cam. I have to figure out how to upload the videos on here and edit them. I only recorded the descents since watching me climb for 45 min would probably be boring. On one of the descents we got stuck behind 5 motorcycles and a car. Ed, Art, Stephen, and myself kicked it into high gear and hammered past the car with the motorcycles getting up to about 45 mph. It really is so much fun hitting the corners and tucking on the straight parts of the descent. After we finished 3-gap all 16 of us hung out around the fire stuffing our faces with junk! It was cold cold cold at night and I think that is where I got this stinking cold from. All and all it was a great couple days off relaxing with the family especially after the week in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment