Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So the weekend was a lot of FUN! I rode on Friday up in Athens and it was amazing like always. It seemed that no matter which way I was riding I was riding into a headwind. I kept telling myself that "I better get used to it... it could be like this for 100 miles." I called all the local bike shops and a couple coffee shops in search for a group ride for Saturday morning and not one.. not ONE of them could tell me of a ride. A bit frustrating considering you could call Reality Bikes and ask for a local ride and they could give you a probably 10. Funny story short when I was riding I had a car pull up next to me and a kid ask me if I knew of any local rides in the area and that he had just moved to Athens.. I got his number and was supposed to do a ride Saturday morning but didn't really make it.

On another note I went to Reality Bikes after my long epic 3-gap ride from the house and talked with Todd and Eric about my ride across America. REALITY BIKES is now my bike shop sponsor!!! I'm extremely thankful for them and all the help they have given me thus far and now that they are going to be on board with me for the ride is even better. Todd is going to purchase a bike for me to ride and I will be wearing the new kits for next year. They will supply me with the food, tubes, tires, spokes, etc... Also I will be getting fit on the bike by Pedal Right which is located in Vickery Village. Being fit on the bike will be so important considering all the long miles and hours I will be spending on it. My knee has started to bother me again in the same spot as last year and I needed to get physical therapy for 8 weeks. I'm hoping its not as bad and that I just need to spend a couple days off the bike. Yesterday was just a long time in the saddle with a lot of climbing.

I was going to register for a race at Grant Park on Sunday but now I'm not sure if I will be doing it. I will just have to wait and see how the knee feels... However I will be going down to Peachtree City on Saturday to go watch my first Tri race which I am very excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment