Friday, August 14, 2009

GOOD MORNING! Wednesday was a great day. Went out and did a 75 mile ride started in the rain but about an hour into it the sun came out and the sun was baking on the wet roads. Thinking it was going to rain the whole time I didn't put sunscreen on... needless to say i got a nice sun burn and new tan lines. It was a nice ride the first 50 miles or so I rode alone by my house rode really hard averaging 19.5. Its weird it didn't feel like I was going that fast at all I pushed myself up the climbs and felt okay but the the heavy air was making it seem like I couldn't breath. Then I did the other half out of the bike shop with Art, Christine, Heather, Brittany, uncle Jim, and Spencer. It was a great time and a nice change of pace. Its so nice to be able to go out and just ride sometimes!

On another note I had the meeting yesterday and it went well. We shared ideas about the ride and how to raise money. 3-D life is an amazing organization and I'm so excited to be able to have the chance to donate a possible $50,000! It's looking like the golf outing is out and were going to do a "golf marathon." The goal is to get 25-30 people that are willing to donate money. They will pay per hole they play.. like $1 a hole or whatever and they will have their own sponsors. Its almost like Relay for life. $50,000 seems like a lot of money but I think we can do it! With all the support from family and friends I'm hoping to pass the $50,000! I am so excited to do this ride and having yesterdays meeting made me feel like I have all the support in the world.

Headed to Athens today after work to do a ride and then to go out with some friends and celebrate Arthur's birthday. I'm looking forward to calling the local shops up there and trying to find a nice long ride for Saturday morning. I cant tell you enough how awesome the riding is up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment