Thursday, August 20, 2009

So I took the day off on Tuesday and have been icing the knee and trying not to use it as much as possible. I did a ride Wednesday with the Wednesday night group and started from my house easy spin to warm the knee up and see how it would feel... and it felt awesome! We started a 10 man break away probably 10 miles into the ride and shortly after 4 guys dropped so there was just 6 of us. It was a little messy at first but we both communicated very well and managed to get organized and work together to stay away till the last climb. I picked up the pace and dropped 2 more guys for the lead sprint. Overall the knee felt great until the cool down. I broke 3 new watt records the 5 min, 10 min, and 60 min and we kept an average of 24.5!

I have another meeting on Tuesday of next week with the same group to talk about the "golf marathon." I'm going to try and go out to 3-d next week since I couldn't make it this week. From talking to Greg a couple times this week they are thrilled to be doing this and hoping to make it an annual golf tournament.. I jokingly said "Greg I'm just not sure about riding across America once a year and how work would feel about that." But it feels good to be doing something for these kids and to see how excited they are about it. I'm looking forward to meeting all of them and getting to know them more and seeing how much they grow and change through the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment