Monday, February 22, 2010

PT.. PT.. and MORE PT!

So as I stated in the last post I was starting PT this past week. I'm working with a girl Meghan and funny story short I found out that she worked on my brother Eddie when he hurt his shoulder and we had a good time laughing about how he did it and how he is a big baby.. well thats what she said at least... She really feels that I should be on the bike by the end of this up coming week and I sure hope so. This week I went to PT on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and I also swam on Thursday and Saturday an hour each day. Needless to say come Saturday I was in some pain and wasn't really a happy camper because the pain just came right back. But I'm going to hold my head up high and keep on moving forward.. the good news is I enjoy swimming and it feels good to push myself and breath hard for once in the past 5 weeks. I have scheduled another 3 days of PT this week and also 3 days of swimming along with a massage today. I have been working pretty hard on stretching and rolling out my legs since that's what the professional PT of the year Meghan says is the issue. I do plan on getting a second opinion on my x-rays and on my MRI sometime this week I hope and just make sure everything really is secure and sound in my knee. Like I've said in the past post its fine while riding but the aftermath is horrible and my knee just gets inflamed. The way I am looking at it now is I am doing everything everyone has told me and I'm taking it easy, icing everyday, and doing the PT, so everything is bound to get better and I have to be getting better day by day! By the way.. I leave in 7 weeks.. just as a little side note!

No comments:

Post a Comment