Monday, September 14, 2009


So I went out on a mountain bike ride yesterday with Uncle Jim, Spencer, and Ed! It was awesome getting on the mountain bike. Even though I just painted the bike and put all new components on it, it felt like a brand new bike. Having a front shock is amazing I actually feel like I have a full suspension bike now! My plan of attack was to go out and just pedal around and take it easy on the knee. We got there and got dressed I was so fired up all morning to get out there! Right before the first lap I pulled off the side of the trail and waited for two riders coming the opposite way to come through by doing a "track stand." Well I didn't quiet make it I fell straight over and there it was the first crash on the new bike! First lap was great took it easy the knee was hurting but nothing major. Then we went on to the Dwelling loop and sure enough 2 riders came by us and knowing Ed and I we went after them and stayed behind them the whole time which led to a great tempo ride. After convincing my cousin Spencer to go one more lap around the South loop we started off easy. Then a APB rider came by and Ed and I were off again! Flying through the South loop I thought it would be great to hit a "jump" on the right side well I hit it alright got sideways in the air and knew I was going down! Took a pretty hard hit knocked the chain off the bike, put a pretty good scratch in the frame, and got some sweet battle wounds! I was happy it was a good laugh for Ed and the APB rider. Wished we had the helmet cam to replay that one! We finish the lap easy and overall it was an awesome ride on the mountain bike and I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time on it this winter...... anddddddd the 12 hour race coming up in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment